Plumbing & Leak Detection in Orange County
We Give A Hoot! 949.536.7471
The Wise Choice For All Your Plumbing Needs

Gas Line Safety Information from Your Lake Forest Plumbers

Stay Safe in Your Property

It is imperative that anyone living on your property are aware of the necessary steps to take in the event of a gas leak. At Sage Plumbers, the safety of our customers, their family, and anyone on their property is of the utmost importance. That’s why every service call we provide (big or small) includes gas safety instruction for appliances such as fireplaces, grills, generators, heaters, and more.

Have a problem with your gas line? Call a local gas plumber from our team immediately at (949) 536-7471.

Understanding Gas Leaks

If you suspect a gas leak, taking the proper steps will be important. Open windows and leave the area immediately. Do not use electronic devices, including cell phones, in the home where the leak may occur. Flames and appliances should be avoided at all costs. Always pay attention to your surroundings and understand when there’s a gas leak and when to seek medical attention.

Signs of a gas leak include:

  • The unpleasant smell of sulfur or rotten eggs
  • Dry patches and plants in the lawn
  • Hissing sounds near a gas line
  • Bubbles in standing water
  • Visible gas line damage such as broken connections, heavy corrosion, etc.

Exposure to gas can be serious. Along with the above indications that gas may be leaking into the property, pay attention to signs and symptoms such as a headache, throat irritation, breathing problems, pale skin, fatigue, and dizziness. If you experience any of these, seek medical attention immediately and consult a plumber about repairing the broken gas line.

Stay Safe from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide is another concern for homeowners. This gas is odorless, tasteless, and colorless, and causes serious problems when exposed. Installing a detector, keeping vents clear, and safely heating the home are some ways to prevent serious complications from carbon monoxide

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, confusion/dizziness, exhaustion, nausea, and rapid breathing. Since even minutes of exposure can render most people ill, taking precautions is essential to stay safe.

Let Our Lake Forest Plumbers Keep You Safe

Let our technicians show you where your gas shutoff valve is located and demonstrate how to operate it in the event of an emergency. We have the training and knowledge to keep you safe and use the utmost precaution to prevent gas leaks on your property. When in doubt, call a professional Lake Forest plumber from Sage Plumbers as soon as possible.

For more information on gas safety and information you can view online at any time, refer to The Southern California Gas Company’s website at, or simply reach out to (949) 536-7471.

Serving You Peace of Mind

  • Qualified Technicians

    All technicians are either licensed Journeymen or receiving education to achieve this certification.

  • Exceptional Service

    We are a client focused company. The job isn't done until our customer is happy.

  • Fair Prices

    Providing affordable craftsmanship, honesty, and peace of mind to our customers.

  • Quality Guarantee

    We stand behind our work and offer guarantees on to ensure that you are satisfied with our service.